Friday, January 2, 2015

Things (Coconuts) happen for a reason :)

So I drove to Delray Beach early this morning with the intention of easily scoring a parking space right on A1A so I could take the beanster to the beach to have some puppy play time in the waves. I was all ready to park, I had gotten quarters earlier that morning to feed the meter only to realize that there were signs saying NO OVERSIZED VEHICLES! danggggggggggg..... What do I do now?  So I turned around and planned to drive down south a few miles to this beach park where I was unsure if I could even have my dog on the beach.  As I'm driving I see a beach park close by that I had never noticed. So I pull in and see 6 amazingly stacked coconut trees!! I mean each tree had like 5 fat racks of coconuts so there were probably 100 or more cocos per tree. Two of them were short enough to stand on the top of my RV and easily pick them if I backed right up to it in the parking space which of course, I did!  I tried to pay the meter to park and it was broken!!!!, so the beans and I cruised to the beach and played with a handful of other puppies and when I returned I climbed on up and picked as many coconuts as would fit in my reusable bag which I lowered to the ground with ratchet strap as I knelt atop the RV.  A few rounds of that and I had 32 epic young coconuts!!!
So this morning I went to the beach with the intention to pay a few dollars in quarters to park on an exposed main street with no shade, but the universe stepped in and instead I got to park in a beautiful shady lot for free and now am graced with more amazing raw coconut water than I can possibly drink in the next few days!
Thanks universe! Sometimes roadblocks happen for a reason, because the other road is the one you're supposed to take and it is way AWESOMER!

No comments:

Post a Comment